What does Brooks' Place provide for the
children of Cullman city and county?
In addition to providing the children of Cullman City and County a safe, private, child-friendly space to open up freely concerning their physical abuse and/or sexual assault, Brooks' Place also:
- Reduces trauma for children who have been victims of abuse by reducing the number of interviews children must endure during an investigation.
- Offers providers of specialized medical examinations and treatments.
- Increases communication and collaboration among community agencies investigating, prosecuting, and providing support services.
- Increases successful prosecutions of child abuse cases.
- Provides prevention training for children and their families, as well as other counselors, educational, and medical professionals.
The Brooks Place team provides a caring, professionally trained, well-coordinated, multidisciplinary response to allegations of child abuse or victimization. This process starts with a forensic interview that includes counseling services for the children and their non-offending family members or guardians.